Injecting a User Control / Control into a content dynamic content

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Kurt, Jun 13, 2007.

  1. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    I was experimenting with an idea of using a keyword concept to allow custom
    user controls to be injected or dynamically added to a point on a web page,
    based on some content stored in an external data store. Example, say I have
    the following stored in a database text field:

    Additionally, say I have a user control that is an ad rotator. What I would
    like to do now is replace the “{AdRotator}†with my preconfigured AdRotator
    control. Preferably, I would like to someway get a reference to the TD
    object contacting the “keyword†cell I want to replace, then just do the
    Controls.Add() trick, unfortunately, I am not quite seeing how to turn my
    original string into a ASP.NET object prior to adding it to a page..?

    Any thoughts on the concept would be most welcome.

    thanks

    Kurt, Jun 13, 2007