    have inline Page_Error methods for certain pages, particularly some XML
    exchanges I have in place for some AJAX functionality. Thx for any info,

    Carlo
    Carlo Razzeto, Sep 1, 2006

  2. How would *inline page errors improve your situation? I marked inline page
    errors because it doesn't really make sense to describe a page error as
    inline. These are events that fire when an unhandled exception occurs at the
    page level.

    --
    ________________________
    Warm regards,

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
    The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
    www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
    Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Sep 3, 2006

  3. "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <www.lulu.com/owc> wrote in message
    > How would *inline page errors improve your situation? I marked inline page
    > errors because it doesn't really make sense to describe a page error as
    > inline. These are events that fire when an unhandled exception occurs at
    > the page level.
    >
    > --
    > ________________________
    > Warm regards,
    > Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]
    >
    > [Shameless Author plug]
    > Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
    > The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
    > www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
    > Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

    I was thinking in terms of how, for instance, PHP allows you to do the
    following at the top of your code file:

    register_exception_handler( 'functionName' );

    Once you have done this, while this page executes any unhandled exceptions
    will then be sent to that method before being passed up the stack. At that
    point the programmer could, for instance, based on the exception return an
    appropriate error response through the defined XML structure. This is what I
    was hoping to do in .Net. I can't do this in Page_Error as defined in
    Global.asax because this would, obviously, create a situation where an
    invalid response was being sent for all but the one page the method was
    coded to handle.

    Carlo
    Carlo Razzeto, Sep 5, 2006
  4. I was referring to the Page_Error or Application_Error methods defined in
    Global.asax which allows a programmer to define a global error handling
    routine.

    Carlo

    Carlo Razzeto, Sep 6, 2006