    If anybody can help me a bit here please with the syntax: a few
    explanations or/and resources where to look at.
    , Oct 7, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm trying to learn the syntax used by
    > __asm__("/*here commands*/");

    Inline assembly is implementation specific, it is not covered by the C
    standard and this group is dedicataed exactly to standard C.

    > but I din't find useful resources to explain how to do it.

    You must check the documentation for your compiler. If your compiler is a
    free one (such as e.g. GNU gcc or Open Watcom C/C++) you must also download
    documentation, not just binraries, libraries and headers.

    > If anybody can help me a bit here please with the syntax: a few
    > explanations or/and resources where to look at.

    We don't even know what compiler and what CPU you want this for. Please
    check the documentation for your compiler. If this is for GNU gcc and intel
    80x86 CPU, there also used to be some tutorials on the internet on the
    subject, something like Brennan's Guide to Inline Assembly -- google it if
    it's what you want.

    Alex
    Alexei A. Frounze, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Zara Guest

    On 7 Oct 2005 04:18:41 -0700, wrote:

    >I'm trying to learn the syntax used by
    >__asm__("/*here commands*/");
    >
    >but I din't find useful resources to explain how to do it.
    > If anybody can help me a bit here please with the syntax: a few
    >explanations or/and resources where to look at.

    This doesn't belong to this list, but....
    It seems you are talking aboput GCC, so please do search in the manual

    Just for help,

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.0.2/gcc/Extended-Asm.html#Extended-Asm
    Zara, Oct 7, 2005

    I am using mingw for most applications on a P4. I have experienced
    assembly with masm, nasm, hla, etc.. but the syntax was the one who
    bothered me. And Brennan's guide is what I needed.
    Thank you for the answer.
    , Oct 7, 2005
  5. wrote:

    > I am using mingw for most applications on a P4. I have experienced
    > assembly with masm, nasm, hla, etc.. but the syntax was the one who
    > bothered me. And Brennan's guide is what I needed.

    It is proper Usenet etiquette to include the text you are replying to.
    To do this using Google groups, please follow the instructions below,
    penned by Keith Thompson:

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 7, 2005
  6. In article <di60o8$i5a$>,
    Christopher Benson-Manica <> wrote:
    >It is proper Usenet etiquette to include the text you are replying to.
    >To do this using Google groups, please follow the instructions below,
    >penned by Keith Thompson:
    >
    >If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
    >the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    >"show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
    >"Reply" at the bottom of the article headers.

    You (and others, such as Keith) are wasting your breath. They'll never get
    it. And I'll tell you why.

    Imagine that there's a mouse - and the mouse is the Usenet. You and I can
    see that it is a mouse and we behave accordingly. But now there is a class
    of users (we'll call them "googlers") that are wearing these funny weird
    glasses that make them see not a mouse, but an elephant. Seeing an
    elephant (i.e., the Usenet as a web page), they also behave accordingly.
    And no amount of verbiage from us is going to convince them that it's not
    an elephant - that it is only a mouse.

    To make this more clear, to a googler, it doesn't make any sense to "quote"
    (whatever the heck that is...), in fact, to do would be absurd, when all
    the rest of the articles in the thread are right there in front of their
    faces (just as clear as the trunk on that mouse, er, elephant). And no
    amount of verbiage from us is going to convince them not to believe what
    they see. The point is you can *never* convince someone that what they see
    isn't reality. The only way you can address the problem is to help them
    fix their eyesight (or help them remove their funny glasses).
    Kenny McCormack, Oct 9, 2005
  7. (Kenny McCormack) writes:
    > In article <di60o8$i5a$>,
    > Christopher Benson-Manica <> wrote:
    >>It is proper Usenet etiquette to include the text you are replying to.
    >>To do this using Google groups, please follow the instructions below,
    >>penned by Keith Thompson:
    >>
    >>If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
    >>the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    >>"show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
    >>"Reply" at the bottom of the article headers.

    > You (and others, such as Keith) are wasting your breath. They'll never get
    > it. And I'll tell you why.

    Again? We've already been over this.

    A number of groups.google.com users *have* learned to post properly.
    If it appears otherwise, it's because new users keep showing up. We
    have a choice between educating them as they show up and letting them
    continue their ignorance.

    [...]

    > To make this more clear, to a googler, it doesn't make any sense to "quote"
    > (whatever the heck that is...), in fact, to do would be absurd, when all
    > the rest of the articles in the thread are right there in front of their
    > faces (just as clear as the trunk on that mouse, er, elephant). And no
    > amount of verbiage from us is going to convince them not to believe what
    > they see. The point is you can *never* convince someone that what they see
    > isn't reality. The only way you can address the problem is to help them
    > fix their eyesight (or help them remove their funny glasses).

    Nonsense. Any intelligent person can learn that not everyone sees
    things the way they do. All it takes is someone willing to tell them.

    Something I've started doing, and I suggest we all do when posting the
    standard Google instructions, is asking them to complain to Google
    about their broken interface. Perhaps if enough of their users
    complain that their software is making them look like fools, they
    might finally fix it.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 9, 2005
  8. Mabden Guest

    "Kenny McCormack" <> wrote in message
    > In article <di60o8$i5a$>,
    > Christopher Benson-Manica <> wrote:
    >
    > To make this more clear, to a googler, it doesn't make any sense to

    "quote"
    > (whatever the heck that is...), in fact, to do would be absurd, when

    all
    > the rest of the articles in the thread are right there in front of

    their
    > faces (just as clear as the trunk on that mouse, er, elephant). And

    no
    > amount of verbiage from us is going to convince them not to believe

    what
    > they see. The point is you can *never* convince someone that what

    they see
    > isn't reality. The only way you can address the problem is to help

    them
    > fix their eyesight (or help them remove their funny glasses).

    Would a brick to the face help?

    --
    Mabden
    Mabden, Oct 15, 2005