    editing the page.

    thanks in advance!
    tabasco.

    tabasco_fiasco, Nov 10, 2004

  2. tabasco_fiasco

    SpaceGirl Guest

    tabasco_fiasco wrote:
    > hello,
    > A Couple of Queeries:
    >

    > 1.trying to work out how to make an inline frame scroll vertically and
    > not horizontally. any ideas?

    You cant. At least, not directly.

    Just make sure the content of the page being loaded INSIDE the iframe is
    NOT as wide as the frame itself. Stick the content inside a DIV and make
    the div about 20px less wide than the iframe. Make sure you set
    scrolling to AUTO on the iframe. Browsers will only displayed the
    required vertical scrollbar then.

    > I am using frontpage,

    *sighs*. I feel for you.

    > 2. also, when i click a hyperlink outside the iframe that is directed to
    > open in the iframe (while in editing mode, not preview mode) the link
    > opens in a new window! It is fine when previewed in a browser, but
    > would be good to be able to open in the frame it will be displayed while
    > editing the page.
    >

    > thanks in advance!
    > tabasco.

    You're fighting against FP crappy features. Write your pages by hand
    instead.

    open a page in the frame.</p>
    <iframe src="apage.html" id="myiframe" height="200" width="200"
    scrolling="auto"></iframe>

    Something like that...

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 10, 2004

  3. SpaceGirl enlightened us with:
    > Just make sure the content of the page being loaded INSIDE the
    > iframe is NOT as wide as the frame itself. Stick the content inside
    > a DIV and make the div about 20px less wide than the iframe. Make
    > sure you set scrolling to AUTO on the iframe. Browsers will only
    > displayed the required vertical scrollbar then.

    An even better solution: set the max-width of the div to 100%, or less
    if you have margins/padding on your body.

    > You're fighting against FP crappy features. Write your pages by hand
    > instead.

    I second that!

    Sybren

    Sybren Stuvel, Nov 10, 2004