inlining a text/plain mime attachment into email

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Matthew Lenz, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. Matthew Lenz

    Matthew Lenz Guest

    We've got a couple emails that are sent to an account on a daily basis from
    a third party vendor we work with. They mime encode the actual data
    (text/plain) and include it as an attachment (the attachment is the only
    content the mail body is blank). Most of the people use (bleh) outlook
    express and these files that are attached use the julian date as the
    extension (001-365). We need to look at these files everyday and opening
    them isn't allowed by OE. They need to be saved to the client machine and
    then opened with notepad/wordpad.

    I'd like to simplify this and simply rewrite a new email that contains the
    text from this attachments. Our mail server already has stuff like
    procmail and I'm using Mail::Audit and its deps to do some other more
    programatic procmail type of redirection.

    I think Mime::Audit depends on Mime::Tools if that helps ring any bells.

    -Matt

    Matthew Lenz, Feb 22, 2005