    (x+a^1)(x+a^2)...(x+a^16) as generator polynomial for rs(31,15). but
    I'm not sure it's the same as g(x) which used in Inmarsat standard.

    any comment and remark is appreciated

    naliali, Aug 7, 2007

  2. naliali

    makhan Guest

    Hello,

    RS Decoder design is an involved process, you need to perform
    descrepency analysis, then berlekemp-Messey, Chien-Forney, and finally
    exhaustive search to locate and fix the errors in your code. What is
    your throughput requirements? And if you want to implement the RS
    Decoder, you will have to go through all the above mentioned
    algorithms and implement them in a pipeline to maximize throughput.

    Now, start the search for papers describing these algos.

    Hope this helps

    Mak

    makhan, Aug 13, 2007