innerhtml manipulation

m miller

Hi,

I'm creating calendars dynamically using VB.net to write
tables on-the-fly. In the calendar I, of course, display
the day names in the header and the calendar dates in the
ensuing cells. However, I need to also add the 'working day number' which
is Mondays-Fridays, excluding holdiays. For example: Feb. 2, 2004 is
working day number 1, etc.

What I would like to do is display in the upper left of the
cell the date number and in the lower left of the same cell
display the working day number.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc Miller

Felbrigg

You might try putting span tags around each item and attributing differn't
style alignments to each one. But you wont see any hieght difference unless
theres something else in the cell to give it a heiht that makes the
alignments show up.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks a lot for Felbrigg and Tommy's suggestions.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for posting in the community!

I think you can also use a non-border <table> which has two rows to divide
the date number and working day number.
Also, other element such as <div> is also considerable.
Here are some web resources on the <div>, <span> or nested table :

#DIV
http://www.html-html.com/_DIV.html

#Nested Tables
http://workbench.netobjects.com/nested_tables.html

#How Style Inheritance Works
http://www.paulspages.co.uk/pcp/140/Nested.htm

Hope these help.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

m miller

Steven,

The guidance seems intriguing and it looks as tho it may accomplish what I
need to do. Unfortuantely I am going on vacation tomorrow for two weeks,
but I will look into
it when I return and let you know how it went.

Thanks,
Marc Miller