    respondent)" size="50" maxlength="100" input="input" />

    I have googled this but can't find anything but information on the input tag.

    Also, what is the / doing at the end of the tag?
    David Wright, Dec 19, 2006

  2. Scripsit David Wright:

    > I just noticed that Dreamweaver is putting an input attribute in my
    > input tag:

    Educated guess: It's used for Dreamweaver's internal bookkeeping and ignored
    by any other software. Web editors have such features - which is _bad_ since
    they thus rely on the principle "ignore unknown attributes", but some day
    someone may create a browser or other program that recognizes the "unknown"
    attribute in a particular meaning, and there you go. It also surprises
    people, as we can see.

    > Also, what is the / doing at the end of the tag?

    It's a holy incantation for worshipping XML. Probably, but far from
    certainly, Dreamweaver generates XHTML markup in general.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 20, 2006