INPUT field sizes in Netscape

Paul W

Hi - I have the following field defined:

<asp:textbox id="txtUsername" MaxLength="50" Runat="server" Width="312px"
Height="24"></asp:textbox>

When displayed in IE, it gets rendered as
<input name="txtUsername" type="text" maxlength="50" id="txtUsername"
style="height:24px;width:312px;" />

and shows the proper field length.

However, when shown in Netscape/Firefox it gets rendered as:

<input name="txtUsername" type="text" maxlength="50" id="txtUsername" />
and (like all other similar fields) displays a fixed field size which is
smaller than required.Why? What do I need to do to fix? Thanks,Paul.ps. The
'Target Schema' for the page is IE 5.0.

Bruce Barker

you need to update the browerCaps section in machine.config. google this
group for links

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Paul W

Thank you.