    you enter the "dd"?

    Thanks for helping!
    Joerg
    Jörg Heinrich, Mar 2, 2004

  2. "Jörg Heinrich" <> wrote:

    > i want to make a input field to enter a date (dd.mm.yyyy
    > (german-format)).

    Better make it unambiguous format: yyyy-mm-dd, which is also
    a DIN standard (since there's an EN equivalent to ISO 8601).

    > Is it possible to preformat the field, so the "." appears
    > automaticly after you enter the "dd"?

    Not in HTML. Using JavaScript you could make some punctuation appear
    automatically that way (and you could make your form handler accept the
    dates with or without punctuation). But it would probably confuse and
    even irritate more than help users.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 2, 2004

  3. "J?rg Heinrich" <> wrote:

    > From: "J?rg Heinrich" <>
    >
    > i want to make a input field to enter a date (dd.mm.yyyy (german-format)).

    DD.MM.YYYY *was* a German date format until 10/15 years ago.
    Both <http://www.din.de/> and <http://www.cenorm.org/> have adopted
    the ISO date format YYYY-MM-DD.

    Do something about your newsreader^W Outlook Express:
    <http://piology.org/news/oe-erste-schritte.html>

    --
    Top-posting.
    What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?
    Andreas Prilop, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Jörg Heinrich

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:46:43 +0100, "Jörg Heinrich" <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Is it possible to preformat the field, so the "." appears automaticly after
    > you enter the "dd"?

    The best way would be to make it 3 separate fields (you could then make
    them <select> elements rather than text input if you want). Your form
    handler can combine them when processing the form if necessary.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Andreas Prilop wrote:

    > "J?rg Heinrich" <> wrote:
    >
    >> From: "J?rg Heinrich" <>

    > Do something about your newsreader^W Outlook Express:
    > <http://piology.org/news/oe-erste-schritte.html>

    My newsreader displayed his &ouml; fine. Jukka's and Mark's seemed to as
    well. Problem may be on your end.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Mar 3, 2004