Input hidden value not changing..any ideas?

ShutterMan

Hey folks,

I am updating a hidden input value, and when debugging, it shows that
the value has changed. But when I look at the source for the page, it
did not change. I even changed the hidden input into a textbox and it
still doesnt show that the value has changed (even though the debugger
says it did). Any ideas?

Doug Gunnoe

Hey folks,

I am updating a hidden input value, and when debugging, it shows that
the value has changed.  But when I look at the source for the page, it
did not change.  I even changed the hidden input into a textbox and it
still doesnt show that the value has changed (even though the debugger
says it did).  Any ideas?

It's not going to change the source. The value has been changed in
memory, which is all that matters.

Gregor Kofler

ShutterMan meinte:
Hey folks,

I am updating a hidden input value, and when debugging, it shows that
the value has changed. But when I look at the source for the page, it
did not change. I even changed the hidden input into a textbox and it
still doesnt show that the value has changed (even though the debugger
says it did). Any ideas?

Use browsers and tools that allow to monitor the changes to the source.
Firebug is an one possibility. Web Developer Toolbar another one. Apart
from that: For debugging it suffices to remove the "hidden" attribute...

Gregor

Doug Gunnoe

For debugging it suffices to remove the "hidden" attribute...

But when he does "view source" it will not change, correct? Because I
think that's what he's getting at.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Doug said:
But when he does "view source" it will not change, correct? Because I
think that's what he's getting at.

The built-in "View Source" would not suffice indeed. However, Firebug's
HTML Tab shows a live representation of the document tree. Web Developer
Toolbar has "View Source"/"View Generated Source" which shows the same.

PointedEars