    c++)?.

    Thank you.

    , Oct 20, 2006

  2. mlimber Guest

    wrote:
    > i'm learning how to use lapack library (in particular, Intel MKL). I
    > wish to know how I have to format the my inputs. I'm calling lapack
    > functions from c++ (zhetri, zhemm, zgemm, zhseqr, ztrevc).
    > I declare the 3x3 matrix (in c++) in this way:
    > complex MyMatrix[9];
    >
    > I intend
    > MyMatrix[0], MyMatrix[1], MyMatrix[2]
    > as the first row, but
    > i'm not sure that also lapack routine interpret this the
    > same way (and not
    > MyMatrix[0],MyMatrix[3],MyMatrix[6]
    > as the first row).
    > So, how I have to manage matrixes, column major or row major (like in
    > c++)?.

    This question is really about lapack, not the standard C++ language and
    libraries. Since the latter is the topic of this group
    (http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9),
    you'll have to ask elsewhere (presumably in a group that deals with
    lapack or mathematics programming or whatever) or reformulate the
    question so it is on-topic.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Bernard Bru Guest

    mlimber wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>i'm learning how to use lapack library (in particular, Intel MKL). I
    >>wish to know how I have to format the my inputs. I'm calling lapack
    >>functions from c++ (zhetri, zhemm, zgemm, zhseqr, ztrevc).
    >>I declare the 3x3 matrix (in c++) in this way:
    >>complex MyMatrix[9];
    >>
    >>I intend
    >>MyMatrix[0], MyMatrix[1], MyMatrix[2]
    >> as the first row, but
    >>i'm not sure that also lapack routine interpret this the
    >> same way (and not
    >>MyMatrix[0],MyMatrix[3],MyMatrix[6]
    >> as the first row).
    >>So, how I have to manage matrixes, column major or row major (like in
    >>c++)?.

    > This question is really about lapack, not the standard C++ language and
    > libraries. Since the latter is the topic of this group
    > (http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9),

    Is there an equivalent Net address like the above for Fortran?

    Bernard Bru

    Bernard Bru, Oct 23, 2006