input matrix for blas and lapack

aberte

Hi,

i'm learning how to use lapack library (in particular, Intel MKL). I
wish to know how I have to format the my inputs. I'm calling lapack
functions from c++ (zhetri, zhemm, zgemm, zhseqr, ztrevc).
I declare the 3x3 matrix (in c++) in this way:
complex MyMatrix[9];

I intend
MyMatrix[0], MyMatrix[1], MyMatrix[2]
as the first row, but
i'm not sure that also lapack routine interpret this the
same way (and not
MyMatrix[0],MyMatrix[3],MyMatrix[6]
as the first row).
So, how I have to manage matrixes, column major or row major (like in
c++)?.

Thank you.

mlimber

i'm learning how to use lapack library (in particular, Intel MKL). I
wish to know how I have to format the my inputs. I'm calling lapack
functions from c++ (zhetri, zhemm, zgemm, zhseqr, ztrevc).
I declare the 3x3 matrix (in c++) in this way:
complex MyMatrix[9];

I intend
MyMatrix[0], MyMatrix[1], MyMatrix[2]
as the first row, but
i'm not sure that also lapack routine interpret this the
same way (and not
MyMatrix[0],MyMatrix[3],MyMatrix[6]
as the first row).
So, how I have to manage matrixes, column major or row major (like in
c++)?.

This question is really about lapack, not the standard C++ language and
libraries. Since the latter is the topic of this group
(http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9),
you'll have to ask elsewhere (presumably in a group that deals with
lapack or mathematics programming or whatever) or reformulate the
question so it is on-topic.

Cheers! --M

Bernard Bru

mlimber said:
i'm learning how to use lapack library (in particular, Intel MKL). I
wish to know how I have to format the my inputs. I'm calling lapack
functions from c++ (zhetri, zhemm, zgemm, zhseqr, ztrevc).
I declare the 3x3 matrix (in c++) in this way:
complex MyMatrix[9];

I intend
MyMatrix[0], MyMatrix[1], MyMatrix[2]
as the first row, but
i'm not sure that also lapack routine interpret this the
same way (and not
MyMatrix[0],MyMatrix[3],MyMatrix[6]
as the first row).
So, how I have to manage matrixes, column major or row major (like in
c++)?.

This question is really about lapack, not the standard C++ language and
libraries. Since the latter is the topic of this group
(http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9),

Is there an equivalent Net address like the above for Fortran?

Bernard Bru