Input size in firefox and MSIE

effendi

I am trying to size an input control for a form. I sized it to
"size=100" . It look fine in IE but its seems longer in Firefox. I
tried to change it to size=100%. but it doesnt change.

The input control is placed in the table cell. How do I make it "equal"
in the different browsers?

Thanks

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit (e-mail address removed):
I am trying to size an input control for a form. I sized it to
"size=100" .

A hundred characters is quite a lot.
It look fine in IE

I don't believe you. Show us the URL.
but its seems longer in Firefox.

That's not surprising. <input size="100"> means that the width is 100 times
the "average width" of character - a sloppy concept, with many plausible and
even more implausible interpretations.
I tried to change it to size=100%. but it doesnt change.

The input control is placed in the table cell.

Why, oh why?
How do I make it
"equal" in the different browsers?

Why should it be "equal"? Do you expect people to compare its appearance on
different browsers and sue you if they detect a difference?

You _might_ want to use <input style="width:100%"> or something similar.
This is at least a possible solution. Maybe you have a question for it.

effendi

Jukka said:
Scripsit (e-mail address removed):

A hundred characters is quite a lot.

I don't believe you. Show us the URL.

That's not surprising. <input size="100"> means that the width is 100 times
the "average width" of character - a sloppy concept, with many plausible and
even more implausible interpretations.

Why, oh why?

Why should it be "equal"? Do you expect people to compare its appearance on
different browsers and sue you if they detect a difference?

You _might_ want to use <input style="width:100%"> or something similar.
This is at least a possible solution. Maybe you have a question for it.

Thanks, maybe i did get the width wrong. It was meant for width not
inout size.