Input string incorrect format

Big E

Here is my code below. I recieve this error when I run

MyCommand.SelectCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

Thanks. Big E

Sub MyDataGrid_Update(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal E As
DataGridCommandEventArgs)

Dim DS As DataSet

Dim Portal As String =
ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("Portal.ConnectionString")

Dim cnPortal As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(Portal)

Dim MyCommand As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter("spDGAnswer_Update",
cnPortal)

MyCommand.SelectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure

MyCommand.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@AnswerId",
SqlDbType.Int))

MyCommand.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@AnswerDesc",
SqlDbType.VarChar, 50))

MyCommand.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@SortOrder",
SqlDbType.TinyInt))

MyCommand.SelectCommand.Parameters("@AnswerId").Value =
MyDataGrid.DataKeys(CInt(E.Item.ItemIndex))

Dim Cols As String() = {"@AnswerId", "@AnswerDesc", "@SortOrder"}

Dim NumCols As Integer = E.Item.Cells.Count

Dim I As Integer

For I = 1 To NumCols - 1 'skip first, second and last column

Dim CurrentTextBox As TextBox

CurrentTextBox = E.Item.Cells(I).Controls(0)

Dim ColValue As String = CurrentTextBox.Text

MyCommand.SelectCommand.Parameters(Cols(I - 1)).Value =
Server.HtmlEncode(ColValue)

Next

MyCommand.SelectCommand.Connection.Open()

Try

MyCommand.SelectCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

MyDataGrid.EditItemIndex = -1

Catch Exp As SqlException

If Exp.Number = 2627 Then

Message.InnerHtml = "ERROR: A record already exists with the same primary
key"

' Else

' Message.InnerHtml = "ERROR: Could not update record, please ensure the
fields are correctly filled out"

End If

Message.Style("color") = "red"

End Try

MyCommand.SelectCommand.Connection.Close()

BindGrid()

End Sub

Curt_C [MVP]

look at the SelectCommand, what's it's SQL statement look like? the SPROC if
it's using.
Are the params you are passing in the right TYPE?