    Has anybody encountered the same problem, and has anyone got a remedy
    to this problem?

    cheers

    Xavier Bourguignon, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Xavier Bourguignon

    rf Guest

    "Xavier Bourguignon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a strange problem concerning some input fields in my html.
    > These fields are of type text, and when I enter text in them it is
    > then impossible to select the text with the mouse by click and drag,
    > The only way I can select the text is to double click in the input
    > text field. This behaviour occurs under IE but not under Mozilla.
    >
    > Has anybody encountered the same problem, and has anyone got a remedy
    > to this problem?

    URL. Do you have an onclick handler in there?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Yes I do, to handle some other stuff.

    Xavier Bourguignon, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Actually, I lied, I have an onkeyup and onkeydown handler.

    Xavier Bourguignon, Oct 30, 2003
  5. Xavier Bourguignon

    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:07:30 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Xavier Bourguignon" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> I have a strange problem concerning some input fields in my html.
    > >> These fields are of type text, and when I enter text in them it is
    > >> then impossible to select the text with the mouse by click and drag,
    > >> The only way I can select the text is to double click in the input
    > >> text field. This behaviour occurs under IE but not under Mozilla.
    > >>
    > >> Has anybody encountered the same problem, and has anyone got a remedy
    > >> to this problem?

    > >URL. Do you have an onclick handler in there?

    > Yes I do, to handle some other stuff.

    Do you return false from that handler? If so then the input field may not
    get the mousedown event so can not start the "highlight part of my text"
    function.

    URL?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 30, 2003
  6. Xavier Bourguignon

    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:07:30 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Xavier Bourguignon" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> I have a strange problem concerning some input fields in my html.
    > >> These fields are of type text, and when I enter text in them it is
    > >> then impossible to select the text with the mouse by click and drag,
    > >> The only way I can select the text is to double click in the input
    > >> text field. This behaviour occurs under IE but not under Mozilla.
    > >>
    > >> Has anybody encountered the same problem, and has anyone got a remedy
    > >> to this problem?

    > >URL. Do you have an onclick handler in there?

    > Actually, I lied, I have an onkeyup and onkeydown handler.

    URL?

    Without looking at the code I am purely guessing.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 30, 2003
  7. I'm afraid the URL is on an intranet, you won't be able to access it.
    The input box is on an iframe and the ifram has a onmousemove handler,
    if I get read of that handler then I can select the text,
    unfortunately I need the onmouse move to drag the iframe around the
    screen, I guess I have not choice.. but thanks anyway for your time on
    this matter.

    Xavier Bourguignon, Oct 30, 2003
  8. Xavier Bourguignon

    rf Guest

    [top posting corrected for the third time]

    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:27:44 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Xavier Bourguignon" <> wrote in message

    remedy

    > >> Actually, I lied, I have an onkeyup and onkeydown handler.

    > >URL?
    > >
    > >Without looking at the code I am purely guessing.

    > I'm afraid the URL is on an intranet, you won't be able to access it.

    Then post it somewhere.

    <at the garage>
    My car does not work, what is wrong?
    Let me look at it.
    No, it's locked up at my mothers place.
    </at> :)

    > The input box is on an iframe and the ifram has a onmousemove handler,
    > if I get read of that handler then I can select the text,
    > unfortunately I need the onmouse move to drag the iframe around the
    > screen, I guess I have not choice.. but thanks anyway for your time on
    > this matter.

    It would have been handy if you provided this information up front, rather
    than peicemeal.

    Your onmousemove handler in the iframe is somehow interfering with the input
    fields internal onmousemove handler although how I cannot imagine. The input
    field should do it's stuff before the event bubbles up to the iframe.

    Are you returning false from your iframes event handler. Try returning true
    everywhere.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 30, 2003