    <input type=file name="file" value="c:/tmp/junk.txt">

    why does value NOT WORK ? it does not place the file in the input field !!!

    please help
    Mel, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Leif K-Brooks, Oct 21, 2004

  3. While the city slept, Mel () feverishly typed...

    > i have:
    >
    > <input type=file name="file" value="c:/tmp/junk.txt">
    >
    > why does value NOT WORK ? it does not place the file in the input
    > field !!!

    And you can be sure that your visitors will have that file on their system
    in that directory? Or that they even have a C: drive? And that even if they
    *do* have it, they want to upload it to your server?

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    nice.guy.nige, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Mel

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Mel said:

    > <input type=file name="file" value="c:/tmp/junk.txt">
    > why does value NOT WORK ?

    you're using the wrong value:

    value="c:\passwords\my-passwords.ext"

    --

    v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 21, 2004
  5. Mel

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "Mel" <> wrote in

    > i have:
    >
    > <input type=file name="file" value="c:/tmp/junk.txt">
    >
    > why does value NOT WORK ? it does not place the file in the input
    > field !!!

    If it did work, the browser would have a security risk.
    Sam Hughes, Oct 21, 2004