input type="file"

K.

Hello!

Is it possible to change the "Browse" text of <input type='file'> button?
I mean I would like to change the color, fonts of "Browse" text, but without
changing
the path text of <input type='file'>. Is it possible to have different fonts
of path and
"Browse" text button?

Kindest regards
Marcin

K.

Uzytkownik "Bergamot said:

Thank you Berg.

I am not sure if you understood me properly.
I don`t want to change the text of "Browse" button. I want to change
the fonts and color of this "Browse" button, without changing the input
fields
where the path is put.
So is it possible to apply stylesheets only for "Browse" button without
changing input field (that is path of the just uploading file is put).

so when I have on the form such <input type="file" name="filename">:

Label of input || input field

Path to select: || C:\folder\photo.jpg | Browse |

So I only want to change and apply stylesheets for "Browse" button, not
for C:\folder\photo.jpg.

Thank you in advance for help
Marcin

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit K.:
- -
I am not sure if you understood me properly.

Your question was easy to understand. Maybe you wanted to ask some other
question?
I don`t want to change the text of "Browse" button.

Then why did you ask whether it is possible to change it?
I want to change the fonts and color of this "Browse" button

Stop wanting that. Problem solved.

There are good reasons why you should not try to change the appearance,
no matter how ugly it looks like to you. (One of the minor reasons is
that when people try to do that, they end up with something much
uglier.)
without changing the input fields
where the path is put.

So you would like to restrict the effect of a style sheet rule to one
part of the presentation of an element, right? Such things are possible
in CSS in limited cases, such as using the :first-letter pseudo-element,
but there is nothing remotely resembling this at present. Browsers have
their oddities, and if you throw a sufficient amount of imaginative or
just random CSS rules at them, they might some day do something like
that, but that should be considered as a bug.

Harlan Messinger

Jukka said:
Scripsit K.:

Your question was easy to understand. Maybe you wanted to ask some other
question?

Then why did you ask whether it is possible to change it?

He didn't.

Bergamot

K. said:
I am not sure if you understood me properly.

Yes, I understood you. The question has come up many times before.
The answer is still No. You cannot style the 'browse' button.