    "Browse" text button?

    Kindest regards
    Marcin

    K., Jan 25, 2008

  2. K.

    Bergamot Guest

    K. wrote:

    > Is it possible to change the "Browse" text of <input type='file'> button?

    No

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Jan 25, 2008

  3. K.

    K. Guest

    Uzytkownik "Bergamot" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > K. wrote:
    >>
    >> Is it possible to change the "Browse" text of <input type='file'> button?

    > No
    >
    > --
    > Berg

    Thank you Berg.

    I am not sure if you understood me properly.
    I don`t want to change the text of "Browse" button. I want to change
    the fonts and color of this "Browse" button, without changing the input
    fields
    where the path is put.
    So is it possible to apply stylesheets only for "Browse" button without
    changing input field (that is path of the just uploading file is put).

    so when I have on the form such <input type="file" name="filename">:

    Label of input || input field

    Path to select: || C:\folder\photo.jpg | Browse |

    So I only want to change and apply stylesheets for "Browse" button, not
    for C:\folder\photo.jpg.

    Thank you in advance for help
    Marcin

    K., Jan 29, 2008
  4. Scripsit K.:

    >>> Is it possible to change the "Browse" text of <input type='file'>
    >>> button?

    >> No

    - -
    > I am not sure if you understood me properly.

    Your question was easy to understand. Maybe you wanted to ask some other
    question?

    > I don`t want to change the text of "Browse" button.

    Then why did you ask whether it is possible to change it?

    > I want to change the fonts and color of this "Browse" button

    Stop wanting that. Problem solved.

    There are good reasons why you should not try to change the appearance,
    no matter how ugly it looks like to you. (One of the minor reasons is
    that when people try to do that, they end up with something much
    uglier.)

    > without changing the input fields
    > where the path is put.

    So you would like to restrict the effect of a style sheet rule to one
    part of the presentation of an element, right? Such things are possible
    in CSS in limited cases, such as using the :first-letter pseudo-element,
    but there is nothing remotely resembling this at present. Browsers have
    their oddities, and if you throw a sufficient amount of imaginative or
    just random CSS rules at them, they might some day do something like
    that, but that should be considered as a bug.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 29, 2008
  5. Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > Scripsit K.:

    >>> No

    > - -
    >> I am not sure if you understood me properly.

    > Your question was easy to understand. Maybe you wanted to ask some other
    > question?
    >
    >> I don`t want to change the text of "Browse" button.

    > Then why did you ask whether it is possible to change it?

    He didn't.

    Harlan Messinger, Jan 29, 2008
  6. K.

    Bergamot Guest

    K. wrote:
    > Uzytkownik "Bergamot" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    >> K. wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to change the "Browse" text of <input type='file'> button?

    >> No

    > I am not sure if you understood me properly.

    Yes, I understood you. The question has come up many times before.
    The answer is still No. You cannot style the 'browse' button.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Jan 29, 2008