  1. Hy Guys, I need to use in my aspx page an InputBox.

    How can I do it (I prefer don't using JavaScript)

    Thank's...
    André Almeida Maldonado, May 5, 2004

  2. André Almeida Maldonado

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    huh?
    you mean as a control?

    Otherwise could you give an example of what you mean, or are you trying to
    say you dont know where to start?

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], May 5, 2004

  3. Let me start again...

    I used to develop in VB6, so...

    I need to use something like a InputBox, as a control that I call and it
    appears... In Java it is a JInputDialog (swing), for example...

    I hope that I make myself understandable...

    Thank's

    André Almeida Maldonado, May 5, 2004
  4. André Almeida Maldonado

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    ASP is serverside, you are after a CLIENTSIDE popup so you'll have to use
    some clientside calls, sorry.

    Curt_C [MVP], May 5, 2004
  5. An ASP.Net application has a user interface that is pure HTML. It would be a
    good idea to learn something about HTML, as it in no way resembles a Desktop
    application. In HTML, you have an "input type=text" (one-line textbox) and a
    "textarea" (multi-line text box). The built-in server controls for these
    would be:

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox (can be configured as single or
    multi-line)
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputText (input type=text)
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTextArea (textarea)

    These are all well-documented in the free .Net SDK, which you can download
    from:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, May 5, 2004
  6. If you want a dialog box, you can use the JavaScript alert() or confirm()
    methods. Otherwise, you'll have to pop up a new browser window, again, using
    JavaScript.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer