Insert data into MySQL from HTML Form using .psp script

brianrpsgt1

I am attempting to insert data from a HTML form using a .psp script.
I can not find how to link the data that is inserted into the form to
the variables in the .psp script to then insert into the MySQL Insert
statement. I am familiar with PHP, where you would write
$_POST(['field']), however I can not find the equivalent in PSP. I
believe that this is the my missing piece. Technically, what is
occurring that that when I click the 'Submit' button, it is inserting
NULL field values into the db.

Sample code is below ::

HTML FORM CODE

<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./styles/
projectpage.css">
</head>

<h2>PAGE</h2>
<form name="input_form" action="insert_go.psp" method="post">
Date:
<input type="text" name="date" id="date">
Time:
<input type="text" name="time" id="time">
Activity:
<input type="textarea" rows="20" cols="40" name="activity"
id="activity">
Next Steps:
<input type="textarea" rows="20" cols="40" name="notes" id="notes">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

Below is the psp script

<%
import MySQLdb

host = 'localhost'
user = 'user'
passwd = 'somepass'
db = 'MyDB'

conn = MySQLdb.connect(host, user, passwd, db)
mysql = conn.cursor()

sql = ("""INSERT INTO activity VALUES (date,time,activity,notes);""");

mysql.execute(sql)

conn.commit()
mysql.close()
conn.close()