    Could anybody help?

    Thanks:

    a.

    Hegedüs, Ervin, Dec 7, 2011

  2. On 07-12-11 20:41, Hegedüs, Ervin wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I'm looking for a tool, which can add a trusted timestamp to an
    > existing PDF file (and can sign - but currently only have to add
    > TS).

    Note sure what a 'trusted timestamp' is, but pdftk can manipulate pdf
    files. See http://www.pdflabs.com/docs/pdftk-man-page/
    (nothing to do with Python btw!)

    Irmen

    Irmen de Jong, Dec 7, 2011

  3. Hello Irmen,

    On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 08:59:11PM +0100, Irmen de Jong wrote:
    > On 07-12-11 20:41, Hegedüs, Ervin wrote:
    > >Hello Everyone,
    > >
    > >I'm looking for a tool, which can add a trusted timestamp to an
    > >existing PDF file (and can sign - but currently only have to add
    > >TS).

    > Note sure what a 'trusted timestamp' is,

    that's very important to understand what does it mean -
    otherwise it's just groping :)

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3161
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_timestamp

    > but pdftk can manipulate
    > pdf files. See http://www.pdflabs.com/docs/pdftk-man-page/
    > (nothing to do with Python btw!)

    looks like it couldn't, but I'll contact them.

    thanks:

    a.

    Hegedüs, Ervin, Dec 8, 2011
  4. Hegedüs, Ervin

    Alec Taylor Guest

    Just digitally sign the document using python-gnupg

    /problem-solved!

    Alec Taylor, Dec 8, 2011
  5. Hegedüs, Ervin, Dec 8, 2011
  6. Hegedüs, Ervin

    Guest

    Hi, take a look at this online tool: http://easytimestamping.com

    It is able to apply RFC3161 compliant trusted timestamps, issued by accredited Certification Authorities.

    The timestamp is applied to the pdf in detached mode (i.e. as a separate .tsr file)

    If you need to integrate the timestamping process in a python app, be patient, we will release an API and a command line version very soon.

    --
    Marco Rucci
    securo.it

    , Dec 8, 2011

  8. Hegedüs, Ervin

    Alec Taylor Guest

    Or the python implementation of that RFC:
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/rfc3161/0.1.3

    Alec Taylor, Dec 8, 2011
  9. hello,

    On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 11:39:20PM -0800, wrote:
    > Hi, take a look at this online tool: http://easytimestamping.com

    I need to create the PDF on my server - it could be any online
    service, but it must to have any kind of API.

    > It is able to apply RFC3161 compliant trusted timestamps, issued by accredited Certification Authorities.

    that's no problem in Python... :)

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/rfc3161/

    > The timestamp is applied to the pdf in detached mode (i.e. as a separate .tsr file)

    I'm afraid that's not good for us - we need to propagate PDF
    files in enbedded mode.

    > If you need to integrate the timestamping process in a python app, be patient, we will release an API and a command line version very soon.

    sounds good - what do you think, when will you release that
    about?

    Thanks:

    a.

    Hegedüs, Ervin, Dec 8, 2011
  10. Hegedüs, Ervin

    Guest

    On Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:59:31 AM UTC+1, Hegedüs, Ervin wrote:
    > > The timestamp is applied to the pdf in detached mode (i.e. as a separate .tsr file)

    > I'm afraid that's not good for us - we need to propagate PDF
    > files in enbedded mode.

    I'll do some research and let you know if it is feasible. Anyway, it should be possible to embed it later.

    > > If you need to integrate the timestamping process in a python app, be patient, we will release an API and a command line version very soon.

    > sounds good - what do you think, when will you release that
    > about?

    The API is basically ready. We are only missing the authentication method.In less then a couple weeks it should be complete.

    If you want, I can give you access to a beta version of the API, so you canstart integrating the service with your application and then add the required authentication process. Can I contact you privately by email?

    Thanks for your interest,

    Marco.

    , Dec 8, 2011
  11. Hegedüs, Ervin