Inserting a Div element directly into JSP

Zeba

Hi,

I'm using jsp to render a large part of my page. However, i also need
to use a 'Component' that is a bit of complex standardized code being
generated through Java. This 'component' is a DOM element( in my case,
a Div ). I have a java function that returns this DOM element. How can
I actually insert this element right into my jsp/html by calling that
java function?

Please reply soon ! Thanks !!

Lew

Zeba said:
I'm using jsp [sic] to render a large part of my page. However, i [sic] also need
to use a 'Component' that is a bit of complex standardized code being
generated through Java. This 'component' is a DOM element( in my case,
a Div ). I have a java [sic] function that returns this DOM element. How can
I actually insert this element right into my jsp [sic] /html [sic] by calling that
java [sic] function?

Please reply soon ! Thanks !!

Newsgroups are not for those in a hurry.

I'd try first to <jsp:include> it, generating the <div> in a JSP or .java servlet.

You can also write a custom tag to do it, which is likely more compatible with
your current approach.