Inserting a line break

Joe Boy

I am using a javascript to display a slide show of images.

Each image is called with this in the body:-

<select name="slide" onchange="change();">
<optionvalue="pictures/picture01.jpg">
Text under the picture</option>
<optionvalue="pictures/picture02.jpg">
Text under the picture</option>
</select>

When I have a lot of text under the picture I want to spread it over
two lines but if I insert <br> it is ignored

Is there any other way to force a line break within the <option...> ?

Joe Boy

'<optionvalue=' ?????? Do you mean '<option value=' ?

Ooopppps - yes <option value=

I copied and pasted from the source code in the web site which has the
space so I don't know where it vanished to :-(

RobG

I am using a javascript to display a slide show of images.

Each image is called with this in the body:-

<select name="slide" onchange="change();">
<optionvalue="pictures/picture01.jpg">
Text under the picture</option>
<optionvalue="pictures/picture02.jpg">
Text under the picture</option>
</select>

When I have a lot of text under the picture I want to spread it over
two lines but if I insert <br> it is ignored

Is there any other way to force a line break within the <option...> ?

No.

BTW, this is an HTML question, not javascript, so try:

or just read: