Inserting ASP.NET form data to SQL table

Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, i've been searching and searching through various tutorials but unable to find out a difinitive way of adding form data upon submission to a SQL 2005 table, there seems to be so many different ways and i'm quite confused

So if someone could just get me started i think i would be able to figure out the rest.

Default.aspx source:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp: panel runat ="server" ID="panel1">
<asp:label ID="label1" runat="server" Font-Size="XX-Large">Data Entry Form</asp:label><br />
Name : <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><br />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Insert Record" />
</asp: panel>
</form>

Default.aspx.cs code:

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
public partial class Default : System.Web.UI.Page

What do I put in here??

Code from web.config file:

<connectionStrings>

<clear />

<add name="BetaSQL" connectionString="Data Source=IP Address; Initial Catalog=Company Name; Persist Security Info=True; User ID= UserID ; Password= Password"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

Table on the BetaSQL that i could like to write the form data to:

Table name: KF_T

Table definition:

Column Name - Name
Data Type - text
Allow Nulls - unchecked

Eventually I will be putting in other text boxs and check boxes which i would like it to write to the same table on the SQL Server so if there was an example of how to do that it would be extremly appreciated

I hope this makes sense

Thankyou