Inserting & Fetching Data into a column of TEXT Data type in SQL server 2000 Using ASP.NET

Bhavesh

Hello genious people,

I m trying to insert a LARGE text from Multiline Textbox into my table
of sqlserver2000. I m using vs-2005.

Please note that I dont want to store blob data From FILE TO TABLE,
like storing IMAGE into DB.

I hav searched lots of articles on that but didn't get success.

I hav tried following code from somewhere i found.
But I m getting Error that

"Failed to convert parameter value from a Byte[] to a String." (This
Error is displayed by smart tag of VS-2005) And then when I press F5 ,
my IE shows following Error.

/
Object must implement IConvertible.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Object must implement
IConvertible.

Source Error:
Line 102: Try
Line 103: myConnection.Open()
Line 104: myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() <---- Here Line is
highlighted by IE
Line 105: myConnection.Close()
Line 106: Response.Write("New TestText successfully
added!")

*********************************************************************************************************/

Please tell me wht is wrong with my following code. & if any wrong
then pls.

Also pls tell me how to fetch all that data once at a time. Or
required ro use loop like . But dont know syntax. pls help me its
urgent for me.

Public Sub StoreTextInDB()
Dim intTextSize As Int64
'''''''Dim TextStream As Stream

'''''' Gets the Size of the Text
intTextSize = Len(Trim(txtDesc.Text))
Dim TextContent(intTextSize) As Byte
'*********************************************************
' '''''Reads the Image
TextContent =
System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(Trim(txtDesc.Text))
'' ''TextStream = Request.InputStream
'' ''Dim intStatus As Integer
'' ''intStatus = TextStream.Read(TextContent, 0, intTextSize)
'' ''*********************************************************
'' '' Create Instance of Connection and Command Object
Dim szCon As String
szCon = "Data Source=192.168.151.109;uid=sa;pwd=sa;Initial
Catalog=www_charm_co_uk_latest"
Dim myConnection As New SqlConnection(szCon)
Dim myCommand As New
SqlCommand("DEMO_For_InsertTEXT_Datatype", myConnection)

'''' Mark the Command as a SPROC
myCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure

Dim prmStudNo As New SqlParameter("@StudNo", SqlDbType.Int, 4)
prmStudNo.Value = 1
myCommand.Parameters.Add(prmStudNo)

'''''''' Add Parameters to SPROC
Dim prmTestText As New SqlParameter("@TestText",
SqlDbType.Text, 16)
prmTestText.Value = TextContent
myCommand.Parameters.Add(prmTestText)

Try
myConnection.Open()
myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
myConnection.Close()
Response.Write("New TestText successfully added!")
Catch SQLexc As SqlException
Response.Write("Insert Failed. Error Details are: " &
SQLexc.ToString())
End Try
End Sub