inserting image in title of html page

Miguel Angel

Hi,

I would like to insert an image into a html page title. I have been
looking for information on how to do it, but haven't found any, thus
here I am.

I may be in the wrong place, but I could not find any other group that
dealt with anything to do with html.

Is is possible to do this? {It is only a little image :)}

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you kindly.

Miguel

Philip Ronan

Hi,

I would like to insert an image into a html page title. I have been
looking for information on how to do it, but haven't found any, thus
here I am.

Search Google for "favicon"

Miguel Angel

jmm-list-gn said:
Add this to your <head> section:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

Use your favorite image editor to create the favicon image: icon file
format, 16x16 pixels.

Hi,

I have looked this up (as per your instructions), however, this is not
what I wanted to do. I don't want an icon to show on the address bar
or in the favourites section. I want to show next to the title of a
page an image. That is, the image is part of the title of the page so
it shows on the top of the browser, or frame of the browser. I haven't
seen anything like it before, so I don't know if it is possible.
As an alternative, I did try the icon suggestions but it didn't work
(I don't know why, I followed the directions), but since that wasn't
my original request I abandoned it.

Thanks anyway.

Miguel

Michael Winter

[snip]
I have looked this up (as per your instructions), however, this is not
what I wanted to do. I don't want an icon to show on the address bar
or in the favourites section. I want to show next to the title of a
page an image. [...]

So by title, you mean next to the text in the TITLE element? Like

<head>
<title>Page title *Image here*</title>
</head>

No, that's not possible.

Mike

Miguel Angel

Michael Winter said:
[snip]
I have looked this up (as per your instructions), however, this is not
what I wanted to do. I don't want an icon to show on the address bar
or in the favourites section. I want to show next to the title of a
page an image. [...]

So by title, you mean next to the text in the TITLE element? Like

<head>
<title>Page title *Image here*</title>
</head>

No, that's not possible.

Mike

That is exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks for letting me know this
is not possible.

Miguel