Inserting into one table data from 2 tables and some input data.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Renie83, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Renie83

    Renie83 Guest

    Alrighty,
    I pull records from a database table onto a page based on vendor #. On
    this page I have an input box after each row of data that is just
    placed in there with the movenext of the rs so the text box has the
    same name set to all of them. What I need and want to do is let users
    add a date in text boxes as they need to. If there is a date in the
    text box I want some of the information in that record on that page
    and that date loaded into a new table when they click the submit
    button. Somethings I think/know I need:
    A way to check to see if there is a date entered into the text box if
    not move on to the next record and check that one.
    A way to make sure my insert statement will go thorough and insert
    each row.

    I saw no examples on using an insert with a recordset so that might
    not even be possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so
    much!
    Renie83
    Renie83, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Renie83

    Kiran Math Guest

    Renie83,
    You can validate the data on the server side or on the client side.

    You may have to write update statement for each updation you want.

    Thats a easy job!!
    Kiran Math
    Kiran Math, Jul 10, 2003