Inserting/Updating records in a DetailsView

4

47computers

Whenever I Update a record with a DetailsView, after the postback the
DetailsView reverts to Insert mode and all the fields are blank. Is
there any way, perhaps in the ItemUpdated event, that I can make the
DetailsView stay in Update mode on that record?

On a similar note, when I use an empty DetailsView to insert a record,
is there any way to have it switch to Update mode on the new record?