Inside ajaxToolkit:SlideShowExtender

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by AAaron123, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    I included ajaxToolkit:SlideShowExtender in my code.

    My photos were stored in a database so in GetSlides I copied the slides from
    the selected album into a folder.

    Gave that folder path to ajaxToolkit:SlideShowExtender.

    Works well.

    Then it occurred to me that if there were two connections to the site, while
    one was watching the show the other might copy a different set of slides
    into that folder.

    So I tested by opening the site using Firefox and selecting an album.

    Then I opened it using Safari and selected a different album.

    To my surprise they both continued to display the correct photos.

    I checked the album and it showed the latest selection while the first site
    was still displaying the first selection.

    Does ajaxToolkit:SlideShowExtender copy the files into a new place?

    Does the browser have all those files cached ?

    Or what?

    I'm reluctantly to leave it like this. (I had planned on creating a folder
    for each session to store the photos so that there would not be any conflict
    but now it appears that is unnecessary).

    Thanks

    AAaron123, Sep 8, 2009