install Bundle::CPAN in Cygwin failed

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by sea, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. sea

    sea Guest

    Hi all,
    I am using Perl 5.8.5 in Cygwin. I tried to install packages from
    cpan but failed. It gives the following eorrs when I installed
    Bundle::CPAN

    Running make install
    Cannot forceunlink /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int/auto/Cwd/Cwd.d
    ll: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/File/Find.pm line 906
    make: *** [pure_perl_install] Error 255
    /usr/bin/make install -- NOT OK
    Running install for module Digest::MD5
    Running make for G/GA/GAAS/Digest-MD5-2.33.tar.gz
    Undefined subroutine &Digest::base::new called at
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/CPAN.pm l
    ine 4344.

    I have no clue at all. BTW, I am not an admin in this computer.

    Thanks for any of your ideas.

    Best,
    seasea

    sea, Oct 17, 2004

  2. sea

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth (sea):
    > I am using Perl 5.8.5 in Cygwin. I tried to install packages from
    > cpan but failed. It gives the following eorrs when I installed
    > Bundle::CPAN
    >
    > Running make install
    > Cannot forceunlink /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int/auto/Cwd/Cwd.d
    > ll: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/File/Find.pm line 906
    >
    > I have no clue at all. BTW, I am not an admin in this computer.

    See perldoc -q lib.

    Ben

    --
    The cosmos, at best, is like a rubbish heap scattered at random.
    - Heraclitus

    Ben Morrow, Oct 18, 2004