    configure it externally.

    Is there any documentation available?

    Thanks, B
    Brian Stoop, Sep 9, 2010

  2. Brian Stoop

    Felix Palmen Guest

    * Brian Stoop <>:
    > I want to embed IIS into a windows service, to save the user having to
    > configure it externally.

    You can't. But ASP.NET has a builtin web server (HttpListener) and you
    can handle the client's request in a matter that they're forwarded to
    your self created AspHost object. I did this for serving asp.net pages
    from embedded resources.

    Unfortunately, I only know of a german article covering this subject,
    but maybe you can understand some of the code there:

    1. Covers handling HTTP Requests:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb979275.aspx>

    2. Covers processing them with ASP.NET:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb979258.aspx>

    --
    Felix Palmen (Zirias) + [PGP] Felix Palmen <>
    web: http://palmen-it.de/ | Ca http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt
    Felix Palmen, Sep 10, 2010

  3. Brian Stoop

    Brian Stoop Guest