Install IIS in a Windows service

Brian Stoop

I want to embed IIS into a windows service, to save the user having to
configure it externally.

Is there any documentation available?

Thanks, B

Felix Palmen

* Brian Stoop said:
I want to embed IIS into a windows service, to save the user having to
configure it externally.

You can't. But ASP.NET has a builtin web server (HttpListener) and you
can handle the client's request in a matter that they're forwarded to
your self created AspHost object. I did this for serving asp.net pages
from embedded resources.

Unfortunately, I only know of a german article covering this subject,
but maybe you can understand some of the code there:

1. Covers handling HTTP Requests:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb979275.aspx>

2. Covers processing them with ASP.NET:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb979258.aspx>

Brian Stoop

thanks B

--
Felix Palmen (Zirias) + [PGP] Felix Palmen <[email protected]>
web: http://palmen-it.de/ | Ca http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt