Install JavaWebStart app under "All Users" in Windows

Discussion in 'Java' started by gc, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. gc

    gc Guest

    Install JavaWebStart app under "All Users" in Windows

    I want to install a JavaWebStart app under "All Users" on a Windows
    2000 Pro PC. I want the ability for any

    user to login to the PC and be able to start the app. Currently, only
    users who have previously logged in as

    themselves and loaded the app, can use the app only after they login as
    themselves.

    I am thinking that first I must install the JavaWebStart Manager under
    "All Users". How? And as who? Next, I

    would need to install the app under "All Users". How? and As who?

    I thought about copying all of a user's (a user who previously
    installed app) related paths and directories

    (starting at C:\Documents and Settings\username\.javaws\cache\) to
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users". After

    reviewing all the related files that need to be modified, I realize
    this would be a nightmare. And even if I

    did, it still may not work.

    I also thought if I could login as "All Users" I could do the install
    just like any other user. But that does

    seems neither possible nor reasonable.
    Please help. I am open to all suggestions.

    Thanks,
    gc
    gc, Dec 15, 2004