    I am sure some of you have a good idea of what to do (path,...).

    Thanks in advance
    Dominique

    Dominique, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Dominique

    Kevin Walzer Guest

    Dominique wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Sorry bothering you with such a trivial problem.
    >
    > I installed python on a new mac at office.
    > It seems everything is fine: in the console, I access to python.
    > But I just can't start Idle. It seems to open but closes immediately (it appears
    > in the dock and closes immediately).
    > It is also impossible to open any .py file.
    >
    > I am sure some of you have a good idea of what to do (path,...).
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Dominique

    How did you install/build Python? On the Mac, you really aren't supposed
    to start it from the terminal unless you are running it under X11 or are
    using a non-framework build. If you built it the standard Mac way, or if
    you use the binary installer from python.org, Idle is installed in
    /Applications/MacPython 2.5. Look there, and you should be able to drag
    the Idle icon to the dock.

    --
    Kevin Walzer
    Code by Kevin

    Kevin Walzer, Sep 14, 2007

  3. Dominique

    Kevin Walzer Guest

    Kevin Walzer, Sep 14, 2007
  4. Dominique

    Dominique Guest

    Kevin Walzer <kw <at> codebykevin.com> writes:

    > How did you install/build Python? On the Mac, you really aren't supposed
    > to start it from the terminal unless you are running it under X11 or are
    > using a non-framework build. If you built it the standard Mac way, or if
    > you use the binary installer from python.org, Idle is installed in
    > /Applications/MacPython 2.5. Look there, and you should be able to drag
    > the Idle icon to the dock.

    Hum Hum Hum...
    That's what I did. It did not work. Now yes. ???!!!!!
    I should have dreamt. I don't understand....

    Thank you Kevin for your help
    Dominique

    Dominique, Sep 14, 2007