install Mail::Internet via CPAN shell on Windows (newbie question)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Jaz, May 6, 2005.

  1. Jaz

    Jaz Guest

    I need advice on installing Mail-Internet.

    My perl is simply unzipped ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86.zip
    (C:\Perl\...) and I'd like to run CPAN shell to install Mail-Internet.

    I googled for this due to this: I'm running perl scripts from DOS
    (testing STAT antispam/virus for mercury/32 IMAP server running on
    this host) and I'm getting the below error:
    Can't locate auto/Mail/Internet/autosplit.ix in @INC (@INC contains:
    c:/Perl/lib c:/Perl/site/lib .) at c:/Perl/lib/AutoLoader.pm line 146.

    When I run CPAN install (from cygwin or DOS) I get the errors below.

    Any advice for me?

    TIA
    Jaz
    C:\Perl>perl -MCPAN -e shell

    cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.7601)
    ReadLine support enabled

    cpan> i /mail::internet/
    CPAN: Storable loaded ok
    Going to read /home/jaz/.cpan/Metadata
    Database was generated on Fri, 06 May 2005 07:04:53 GMT
    Module id = Mail::Internet
    DESCRIPTION Functions for RFC822 address manipulations
    CPAN_USERID MARKOV (Mark Overmeer <>)
    CPAN_VERSION 1.67
    CPAN_FILE M/MA/MARKOV/MailTools-1.67.tar.gz
    DSLI_STATUS adpO (alpha,developer,perl,object-oriented)
    INST_FILE (not installed)

    cpan>
    OR

    cpan> install Mail::Internet
    Running install for module Mail::Internet
    Running make for M/MA/MARKOV/MailTools-1.67.tar.gz
    CPAN: Digest::MD5 loaded ok
    CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
    Checksum for
    /home/jaz/.cpan/sources/authors/id/M/MA/MARKOV/MailTools-1.67.tar.gz
    ok
    Scanning cache /home/jaz/.cpan/build for sizes
    MailTools-1.67/
    MailTools-1.67/t/
    MailTools-1.67/t/internet.t
    MailTools-1.67/t/mailer.t
    MailTools-1.67/t/require.t
    MailTools-1.67/t/send.t
    MailTools-1.67/t/header.t
    MailTools-1.67/t/extract.t
    MailTools-1.67/t/mailcap.t
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Cap.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Util.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Field/
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Field/Date.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Field/AddrList.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Mailer/
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Mailer/sendmail.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Mailer/rfc822.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Mailer/smtp.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Mailer/qmail.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Mailer/testfile.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Address.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Mailer.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Send.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Header.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Internet.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Filter.pm
    MailTools-1.67/Mail/Field.pm
    MailTools-1.67/README
    MailTools-1.67/MailTools.ppd
    MailTools-1.67/Makefile.PL
    MailTools-1.67/README.demos
    MailTools-1.67/META.yml
    MailTools-1.67/examples/
    MailTools-1.67/examples/send_demo.PL
    MailTools-1.67/examples/mail-mailer.pl
    MailTools-1.67/examples/rplyto_demo.PL
    MailTools-1.67/examples/forwd_demo.PL
    MailTools-1.67/ChangeLog
    MailTools-1.67/MANIFEST
    Removing previously used /home/jaz/.cpan/build/MailTools-1.67

    CPAN.pm: Going to build M/MA/MARKOV/MailTools-1.67.tar.gz

    Checking for Net::SMTP...ok
    Checking for Net::Domain...ok
    Checking for IO::Handle...ok
    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Writing Makefile for Mail
    -- NOT OK
    Running make test
    Can't test without successful make
    Running make install
    make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

    cpan>
    (Please excuse the 'burp' when replying (b))

    Jaz, May 6, 2005

  2. Jaz

    Jaz Guest

    Jaz <> wrote:
    >I need advice on installing Mail-Internet.

    {snip}
    >When I run CPAN install (from cygwin or DOS) I get the errors below.

    {snip}
    >Writing Makefile for Mail
    > -- NOT OK
    >Running make test
    > Can't test without successful make
    >Running make install
    > make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

    Got it.

    I just cd'ed into the build dir and manually ran make and make
    install. Worked fine. Go figure(??)

    (Please excuse the 'burp' when replying (b))

    Jaz, May 6, 2005

  3. Jaz

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Jaz <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Jaz <> wrote:
    > >I need advice on installing Mail-Internet.

    > {snip}
    > >When I run CPAN install (from cygwin or DOS) I get the errors below.

    > {snip}
    > >Writing Makefile for Mail
    > > -- NOT OK
    > >Running make test
    > > Can't test without successful make
    > >Running make install
    > > make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

    > Got it.
    >
    > I just cd'ed into the build dir and manually ran make and make
    > install. Worked fine. Go figure(??)

    No "make test"? Risky.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, May 6, 2005