    when I run "gem install oniguruma".

    get the message "No definition for oregexp_initialize "

    how to initialize oregexp?
    Mike Mike, Jan 21, 2009

  2. Mike Mike

    Alex Fenton Guest

    Mike Mike wrote:
    > when I run "gem install oniguruma".
    >
    > get the message "No definition for oregexp_initialize "
    >
    > how to initialize oregexp?

    I think this means you need to install the oniguruma C library and its
    headers. You don't say what platform you're on, so it's hard to be more
    specific about how to do that.

    Alternatively, you could use Ruby 1.9.1 which has oniguruma built-in, as
    well as other features to make working with encodings easier (one of the
    main reasons for using Oniguruma previously).

    alex
    Alex Fenton, Jan 21, 2009