    v2.5)? With 2.7 I use "sudo pip install <package_name>".

    Thanks,

    Laszlo

    Jabba Laci, Sep 26, 2011

  2. Jabba Laci

    alex23 Guest

    On Sep 27, 6:39 am, Jabba Laci <> wrote:
    > So, how can I install packages for a specific version of Python (here,
    > v2.5)? With 2.7 I use "sudo pip install <package_name>".

    It's amazing what you can find when you look at the documentation:
    http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/index.html

    "You can use pip install --upgrade SomePackage to upgrade to a newer
    version, or pip install SomePackage==1.0.4 to install a very specific
    version."

    However, if you're not using virtualenv, I'd recommend looking at it
    as well: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv

    alex23, Sep 27, 2011