Since my hosts are not dev stations, they don't have any C-compiler.

Could you please advise me for a "light weight" c-compiler which could
be easyly installed before perl modules ?

Borland has a free C compiler at www.borland.com
They used to, anyway.

Tom

Helgi Briem

I need to add a few PERL modules to my ActivePerl 5.6.1 distribution.
Some of them require a c-compiler
Since my hosts are not dev stations, they don't have any C-compiler.

Could you please advise me for a "light weight" c-compiler which could
be easyly installed before perl modules ?

You don't need a C compiler.

Use PPM (Perl Package Manager) which comes with the Activeperl
distribution.

The syntax is

C:\>ppm install MODULE

If that doesn't work, you probably need to configure
a proxy. Set the environment variable HTTP_PROXY
to something like
http://proxy.yourdomain:portnumber

If you need packages that are not in the Activestate
repository, read

C:\>ppm help repository

on how to set others.