    --
    Stéphane
    please remove -pourriel in my address for response
    Stéphane Métais, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Stéphane Métais

    Tom Guest

    Borland has a free C compiler at www.borland.com
    They used to, anyway.

    Tom
    Tom, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Stéphane Métais

    Nick Santos Guest

    http://www.bloodshed.net

    free compiler called dev C++; uses the mingw32 compiler (I think) and has a
    nice little workspace
    If you like linux style environments, http://www.cygwin.com - that can give
    you a lot more than a c compiler too
    both can be fairly simpel or fairly complex

    Nick Santos, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Stéphane Métais

    Helgi Briem Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 08:29:45 +0100, Stéphane Métais
    <> wrote:

    >I need to add a few PERL modules to my ActivePerl 5.6.1 distribution.
    >Some of them require a c-compiler
    >Since my hosts are not dev stations, they don't have any C-compiler.
    >
    >Could you please advise me for a "light weight" c-compiler which could
    >be easyly installed before perl modules ?

    You don't need a C compiler.

    Use PPM (Perl Package Manager) which comes with the Activeperl
    distribution.

    The syntax is

    C:\>ppm install MODULE

    If that doesn't work, you probably need to configure
    a proxy. Set the environment variable HTTP_PROXY
    to something like
    http://proxy.yourdomain:portnumber

    If you need packages that are not in the Activestate
    repository, read

    C:\>ppm help repository

    on how to set others.
    Helgi Briem, Dec 29, 2003