install problem with moinmoin on win2k

Discussion in 'Python' started by asdf sdf, May 19, 2004.

  1. asdf sdf

    asdf sdf Guest

    ActiveState python 2.3.2
    Win2k Pro SP4
    Apache 2.0

    browsing all of http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpForBeginners in vain.

    Running http://localhost/mywiki?test yields:

    MoinMoin CGI Diagnosis
    ======================

    Package "MoinMoin" successfully imported.

    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "C:/moin/moin121/wiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi", line 23, in ?
    request = RequestCGI()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 503,
    in __init__
    RequestBase.__init__(self, properties)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 63,
    in __init__
    self.dicts = self.initdicts()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 223,
    in initdicts
    dicts.scandicts()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\wikidicts.py", line
    253, in scandicts
    pagelist = wikiutil.getPageList(config.text_dir)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\wikiutil.py", line 275,
    in getPageList
    pages = os.listdir(text_dir)
    WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
    'data\\text/*.*'

    I get the same results running moin.cgi from the command line as
    moin.py. Obviously a python issue.

    Any help appreciated. Also any pointers to support lists or pages.

    asdf sdf, May 19, 2004

  2. asdf sdf

    Mike Rovner Guest

    asdf sdf wrote:
    > pages = os.listdir(text_dir)
    > WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
    > 'data\\text/*.*'

    No subdirectory 'text' inside 'data' was found.

    HTH,
    Mike

    Mike Rovner, May 19, 2004

  3. asdf sdf

    asdf sdf Guest

    Mike Rovner wrote:
    > asdf sdf wrote:
    >
    >> pages = os.listdir(text_dir)
    >> WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
    >>'data\\text/*.*'
    >>

    > No subdirectory 'text' inside 'data' was found.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Mike

    thanks, Mike.

    But is there a larger significance? The moinmoin installation creates a
    'data' directory containing subdirs plugin, text and user, as well as
    the intermap.txt file.

    text is set to everyone with full control. in fact the path from root
    to text grants everyone access with full control.

    The text directory itself contains language-specific help files for
    moinmoin. all are full control to everyone.

    asdf sdf, May 19, 2004