Install Python MySQL db module?

Con

Hi, how does properly install the Python MySQL db module for Mac OS
X? I was only able to locate the Win32 modules.

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

alex.gaynor

Hi, how does properly install the Python MySQL db module for Mac OS
X?  I was only able to locate the Win32 modules.

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

I think the easiest way to would be to use macports.

Rick Dooling

Hi, how does properly install the Python MySQL db module for Mac OS
X? I was only able to locate the Win32 modules.

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

I tried this a couple of weeks ago using macports and had problems.

See, for example:

http://www.davidcramer.net/code/57/mysqldb-on-leopard.html

I read about several people who went in and edited the source files to
work out the bugs on Leopard, but instead I just changed my Python
code to use SQLite for the moment until someone fixes MySQLdb. There's
a nice Perl script that will convert your MySQL db to an SQLite db if
you're interested.

RD

Graham Dumpleton

I tried this a couple of weeks ago using macports and had problems.

See, for example:

http://www.davidcramer.net/code/57/mysqldb-on-leopard.html

I read about several people who went in and edited the source files to
work out the bugs on Leopard, but instead I just changed my Python
code to use SQLite for the moment until someone fixes MySQLdb. There's
a nice Perl script that will convert your MySQL db to an SQLite db if
you're interested.

RD

Because Python executable on Leopard has been stripped of 64 bit
architectures and thus runs as a 32 bit process, the 64 bit problems
only come up when trying to use the MySQLdb module under mod_wsgi or
mod_python with Apache (presuming you got mod_python to build as 64
bit).

If you are really stuck and can't get MySQLdb module to build as 64
bit capable, then you can force Apache to run as a 32 bit process and
avoid the problems.

For more details, see section 'Thinning The Apache Executable' of:

http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationOnMacOSX

Also see contributed comments to the page, which explains a way of
making Apache run as 32 bit by changing plist files rather than
thinning the Apache executable.

Graham