    hints about the way doing it...

    Greetings!
    Fabian

    Fabian Braennstroem, Jul 29, 2006

  2. Fabian Braennstroem schrieb:
    > I look for an easy way to use the newest scipy, pyvtk, matplotlib,
    > f2py, numpy, paraview/vtk,... on a entreprise redhat machine
    > without administration rights.
    > My first thought was to install the whole new python system
    > on a cdrom/dvd and mounting it, when I need it. Would that
    > be the easiest way? I would be glad to read some
    > hints about the way doing it...

    If you have a home directory with sufficient disk space, the
    easiest way would be to install Python into your home directory,
    assuming administrative policy allows such usage of the
    home directory.

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Jul 30, 2006

  3. Hi Martin,

    * Martin v. Löwis <> wrote:
    > Fabian Braennstroem schrieb:
    >> I look for an easy way to use the newest scipy, pyvtk, matplotlib,
    >> f2py, numpy, paraview/vtk,... on a entreprise redhat machine
    >> without administration rights.
    >> My first thought was to install the whole new python system
    >> on a cdrom/dvd and mounting it, when I need it. Would that
    >> be the easiest way? I would be glad to read some
    >> hints about the way doing it...

    > If you have a home directory with sufficient disk space, the
    > easiest way would be to install Python into your home directory,
    > assuming administrative policy allows such usage of the
    > home directory.

    Thanks, but unfortunately the administrative policy does not
    allow such installation, but could it work, when I do such a
    installation in my home directory, copy everything to a
    cdrom/dvd and mount it in proper place?

    Greetings!
    Fabian

    Fabian Braennstroem, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Fabian Braennstroem schrieb:
    > Thanks, but unfortunately the administrative policy does not
    > allow such installation, but could it work, when I do such a
    > installation in my home directory, copy everything to a
    > cdrom/dvd and mount it in proper place?

    Yes, that should work as well. Python won't be able to create
    ..pyc files, of course, but that shouldn't be a problem (plus
    you could make sure they are up-to-date when you copy them
    onto the CD-ROM).

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Aug 7, 2006