install ruby offline with openssl

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ye Huang, Jan 14, 2007.

  1. Ye Huang

    Ye Huang Guest

    Hi, all:
    I know this is an old problem, but I still feel puzzled about it.
    After I installed ruby in my computer, I found openssl is not available,
    here's the details:
    I have two linux machines, one with Ubuntu6.06 and anther with SuSE10.0,
    further more, I have a windows machine with windows XP.

    I tried several times. Once I installed ruby in windows and gem install
    rails, I could always find openssl.rb and openssl folder in my path,
    which enable me use net/http very easily.

    But I don't get why once I installed ruby1.8.4 into my SuSE with a
    download package, I can find openssl.rb and openssl directory in
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8; further more, once I tried to install ruby1.8.5
    into my ubuntu, I encounter the same problem?!

    I have read some solution with ubuntu, using "apt-get install
    libssl-dev" or something else, I don't know whether that's because the
    earthquake in Taiwan channel , I can't connect to ubuntu update server
    very well, meanwhile this online solution won't solve the same problem
    in SuSE.

    So I wonder if I have to download some standalone ruby language packages
    and install ruby offline, how could I make it support openssl as
    well.(or did i missed some parameters while configure or make??)

    Thanks very much!!

    ye

    Ye Huang, Jan 14, 2007

  2. Ye Huang

    Ye Huang Guest

    I think this could be described in one word, how could i install ruby
    additional libraries with a download package.

    Ye Huang, Jan 14, 2007