    MS Visual Studio, wxWindows, Borland C++,
    Stingray Objective Studio, ARM SDT, etc.

    like to install source code to the "C:\" drive?

    Adam, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Adam

    Fao, Sean Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > My "C:\" is getting full. What's the best way to
    > install "wxWindows" without taking up 115 MB from my "C:\" ?
    >
    > Why do the following:
    >
    > MS Visual Studio, wxWindows, Borland C++,
    > Stingray Objective Studio, ARM SDT, etc.
    >
    > like to install source code to the "C:\" drive?

    What on Earth made you think this was topical in comp.lang.c or
    comp.lang.c++. I don't know about the others two because I've never
    been to them.

    --
    Sean

    Fao, Sean, Nov 7, 2004

  3. On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:31:58 GMT, in comp.lang.c , "Adam"
    <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote:

    >My "C:\" is getting full. What's the best way to
    >install "wxWindows" without taking up 115 MB from my "C:\" ?

    This has NOTHING to do with the C programming language. I suggest you read
    the wxWindows documentation to see what alternatives there are.
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 7, 2004
  4. Adam

    Flash Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:31:58 GMT
    "Adam" <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote:

    > My "C:\" is getting full. What's the best way to
    > install "wxWindows" without taking up 115 MB from my "C:\" ?

    What does this have to do with programming in standard C?

    > Why do the following:
    >
    > MS Visual Studio, wxWindows, Borland C++,
    > Stingray Objective Studio, ARM SDT, etc.
    >
    > like to install source code to the "C:\" drive?

    What does this have to do with programming in standard C?

    I believe the same could be said for comp.lang.c++ (with the addition of
    a post-increment as for comp.lang.c so I'm deleting those groups from
    the followups.

    I'll leave it for the groups I don't know to further trim things if they
    wish.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.

    Flash Gordon, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Adam

    Malcolm Guest

    "Adam" <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote

    > Why do the following:
    >
    > MS Visual Studio, wxWindows, Borland C++,
    > Stingray Objective Studio, ARM SDT, etc.
    >
    > like to install source code to the "C:\" drive?

    Where do you expect C to go, if not to the C drive?

    Malcolm, Nov 7, 2004
  6. Adam

    Adam Guest

    It would be nice if compilers / libraries gave users the option to
    install source code (and thus, objs, libs, etc.) to a location of
    his / her choosing. That way, users can install the application to
    the "C:\" drive and the source code to a data drive (like "D:\"),
    which could be a logical partition.

    Doing a search on my "C:\" drive for *.obj was alarming,
    especially when there are debug / release versions.
    And then, within debug / release version, there are
    unicode / ascii, static / dynamic, etc.

    Adam, Nov 7, 2004
  7. Adam

    Flash Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:07:08 GMT
    "Adam" <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote:

    > It would be nice if compilers / libraries gave users the option to
    > install source code (and thus, objs, libs, etc.) to a location of

    <snip>

    Please stop discussing your implementation on comp.lang.c and
    comp.lang.c++, these groups are here to discuss the languages, not the
    particulars of your implementation.

    > "Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    Please don't top post. Your reply belongs under the text you are
    replying to which should be suitable snipped.

    Followups set.

    Flash Gordon, Nov 7, 2004
  8. In article <-gordon.me.uk>,
    Flash Gordon <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:07:08 GMT
    >"Adam" <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote:
    >
    >> It would be nice if compilers / libraries gave users the option to
    >> install source code (and thus, objs, libs, etc.) to a location of

    ><snip>
    >
    >Please stop discussing your implementation on comp.lang.c and
    >comp.lang.c++, these groups are here to discuss the languages, not the
    >particulars of your implementation.

    He is talking about stuff having to do with his "C" drive.
    It seems reasonable to me that a newsgroup named something like
    "something.c" might be helpful to him.

    >> "Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    ><snip>
    >
    >Please don't top post. Your reply belongs under the text you are
    >replying to which should be suitable snipped.

    </opinion-about-the-endless-top-posting-debate>
    I am an old line, old line, Usenetter and, in theory, I agree with the
    basic idea of how-to-post - you will note that I always post that way. But
    here's the thing - I'm smart enough to do it correctly. It is an
    unfortunate, sad, but alas true fact of life that most people today (coming
    from Microsoft/Google or AOL/WebTV or worse) aren't smart enough to do it
    correctly. In particular, if you use Outlook Express (as most people do
    today), it (OE) so badly screws up the quoting structure of most posts that
    it is impossible to navigate (using the usual tools/conventions found in
    normal [classical Unix] newsreaders). I've found that with the typical
    bottom-posted but screwed up by OE post (*), I just go to the bottom of the
    post anyway, so it might as well have been top-posted.

    Yes, I am aware that by doing so, I run the risk of missing any
    "included/interleaved" new material. Sad, but necessary.

    (*) Which often consists of pages and pages of quoted text followed by
    2 or 3 lines of new material, at the bottom.

    Kenny McCormack, Nov 7, 2004
  9. On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:59:17 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
    (Kenny McCormack) wrote:

    >He is talking about stuff having to do with his "C" drive.
    >It seems reasonable to me that a newsgroup named something like
    >"something.c" might be helpful to him.

    And comp.lang.c++ ? Last time I checked, drives went from A to Z, and C++
    was an illegal name....

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 7, 2004
  10. Adam

    Real Name Guest

    "Mark McIntyre" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > And comp.lang.c++ ? Last time I checked, drives went from A to Z, and C++
    > was an illegal name....

    But installing something onto drive C and then switching to drive D lokks
    like "C++"?!

    Real Name, Nov 8, 2004
  11. Adam

    Flash Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:02:55 +0100
    "Real Name" <> wrote:

    > "Mark McIntyre" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > And comp.lang.c++ ? Last time I checked, drives went from A to Z,
    > > and C++ was an illegal name....

    > But installing something onto drive C and then switching to drive D
    > lokks like "C++"?!

    Yes, but C++ is only on topic for one of the groups. Far better to move
    to drive D then install it using "++C".

    Flash Gordon, Nov 8, 2004
  12. Adam

    Richard Bos Guest

    Flash Gordon <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:02:55 +0100
    > "Real Name" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Mark McIntyre" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > And comp.lang.c++ ? Last time I checked, drives went from A to Z,
    > > > and C++ was an illegal name....

    > > But installing something onto drive C and then switching to drive D
    > > lokks like "C++"?!

    > Yes, but C++ is only on topic for one of the groups. Far better to move
    > to drive D then install it using "++C".

    Isn't the next drive after C: supposed to be P: rather than D:?

    RIchard

    Richard Bos, Nov 9, 2004
  13. Adam

    Flash Gordon Guest

    [OT] Re: install source code to a drive other than "C:\" ?

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:09:36 GMT
    (Richard Bos) wrote:

    > Flash Gordon <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:02:55 +0100
    > > "Real Name" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Mark McIntyre" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > >
    > > > But installing something onto drive C and then switching to drive
    > > > D lokks like "C++"?!

    > > Yes, but C++ is only on topic for one of the groups. Far better to
    > > move to drive D then install it using "++C".

    > Isn't the next drive after C: supposed to be P: rather than D:?

    Sorry, drive P isn't available since I took the P when I posted.

    Flash Gordon, Nov 9, 2004
  14. On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:09:36 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
    (Richard Bos) wrote:

    >Isn't the next drive after C: supposed to be P: rather than D:?

    Mmmm.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 9, 2004