    I have to add the perl bin directory to the current
    path. Anything else?

    , Mar 13, 2005

    wrote:

    > I want to install perl on my portable usb flash
    > drive. When using it on a WIN machine, what
    > has to be in the config.bat. For example, I know
    > I have to add the perl bin directory to the current
    > path. Anything else?

    You may want to associate the ".PL" extension with the "perl.exe"
    executable. That way, you can simply (double-)click on a Perl script
    file to execute it. Of course, you don't have to do this if you don't
    mind the requirement of always having to invoke your Perl scripts with
    "perl" at the command line (as in "perl script.pl").

    -- Jean-Luc

    , Mar 13, 2005