Installation/Configuration question

Discussion in 'Python' started by googlemonster, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. I downloaded the pre-compiled Python packages from sunfreeware.com,
    installed them on my Solaris 8 box. I am trying to do a simple import
    of Tkinter. Since I installed Tcl 8.4 as well as Tk 8.4, and set my
    environment variables, I should be in reasonable good shape. However,
    I get the following errors:

    (this is what is in my profile:
    TCL_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/tcl8.4
    TK_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/tk8.4
    export TCL_LIBRARY TK_LIBRARY

    chantilly> . /.profile
    chantilly> python
    Python 2.3.3 (#2, Mar 10 2004, 06:28:28)
    [GCC 3.3.2] on sunos5
    >>> from Tkinter import *

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 38, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
    for Tk
    ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
    /usr/local/lib/libtk8.4.so: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not
    found

    It would appear that I am not set up correctly, yet I don't know where
    I went wrong. Can someone help me?
    googlemonster, Jul 27, 2004