installation disk jre

Sue

If I need to distribute a java application how do I create an I create
an installation disk so that when users install the application a
shortcut is automatically created on the desktop and also the
application shows up in start - all programs of windows xp? Thanks a
lot again for all help.

Andrew Thompson

..Thanks a lot again for all help.

Thanks a lot for doing a bit of Googling prior to asking
a question in future, Sue. Note that this group is not a
help desk designed to feed out answers.

Some of your questions are answered in the FAQ to which I
linked in my other post. Please read it, *all*.

Sue

ANDREW, thank you so very much for helping with both answers -- I did
some searches on google but did not get a clear answer, but will go
through your links...

garethconner

Sue,

FWIW, I use InstallShield Express for this purpose. It will make a
Java-based installer that can install a Java application on either
Windows or Linux. InstallShield has some convenient featurs such as
creating an EXE launcher for your jar file, checking/installing the JRE
required for your application, and creating an uninstaller.

It isn't free, but it has been worth the investment for me. The
investment is especially worthwhile if you do other non-Java
development as well.

Best regards,
Gareth Conner