Installation of mod_python 3.1.3 on Apache 2.0.50 on Windows Me/Win2k

Discussion in 'Python' started by Piet, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. Piet

    Piet Guest

    Hi there,
    I cannot install mod_python v3.1.3 on either Win2k/ActivePython 2.3.2
    or WinMe/Python 2.3.4. When I run the Windows installer, I get the
    following error message:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Programme\Python23\Scripts\win32_postinstall.py", line 86,
    in ?
    apachediroptions = getApacheDirOptions()
    File "C:\Programme\Python23\Scripts\win32_postinstall.py", line 45,
    in getApacheDirOptions
    apachekey = regkey(win32con.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
    "Software").childkey("Apache Group").childkey("Apache")
    File "C:\Programme\Python23\Scripts\win32_postinstall.py", line 34,
    in childkey
    return regkey(self.key, subkeyname)
    File "C:\Programme\Python23\Scripts\win32_postinstall.py", line 32,
    in __init__
    self.key = win32api.RegOpenKey(parent, subkeyname)
    pywintypes.error: (2, 'RegOpenKeyEx', 'Das System kann die angegebene
    Datei nicht finden.')
    Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "regkey instance has no attribute
    'key'" in <bound method regkey.__del__ of <__main__.regkey instance at
    0x00CF1440>> ignored
    *** run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF ***
    I checked the registry and found that the key mentioned in the error
    message does indeed not exist. Is this a failure in my apache
    configuration/installation or is the installation package of
    mod_python incorrect? Are there any experiences with the
    abovementioned configuration?
    Thanx in advance
    Peter

    Piet, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Piet

    Lucas Raab Guest

    Why not post this to the mod_python mailing list??

    Lucas Raab, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Piet

    David Fraser Guest

    Re: Installation of mod_python 3.1.3 on Apache 2.0.50 on WindowsMe/Win2k

    Piet wrote:
    > Hi there,
    > I cannot install mod_python v3.1.3 on either Win2k/ActivePython 2.3.2
    > or WinMe/Python 2.3.4. When I run the Windows installer, I get the
    > following error message:
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "C:\Programme\Python23\Scripts\win32_postinstall.py", line 86, in ?
    > apachediroptions = getApacheDirOptions()
    > File "C:\Programme\Python23\Scripts\win32_postinstall.py", line 45, in getApacheDirOptions
    > apachekey = regkey(win32con.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "Software").childkey("Apache Group").childkey("Apache")
    > File "C:\Programme\Python23\Scripts\win32_postinstall.py", line 34, in childkey
    > return regkey(self.key, subkeyname)
    > File "C:\Programme\Python23\Scripts\win32_postinstall.py", line 32, in __init__
    > self.key = win32api.RegOpenKey(parent, subkeyname)
    > pywintypes.error: (2, 'RegOpenKeyEx', 'Das System kann die angegebene
    > Datei nicht finden.')
    > Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "regkey instance has no attribute
    > 'key'" in <bound method regkey.__del__ of <__main__.regkey instance at
    > 0x00CF1440>> ignored
    > *** run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF ***
    > I checked the registry and found that the key mentioned in the error
    > message does indeed not exist. Is this a failure in my apache
    > configuration/installation or is the installation package of
    > mod_python incorrect? Are there any experiences with the
    > abovementioned configuration?
    > Thanx in advance
    > Peter

    Hi

    This error was found when installing the original mod_python 3.1.3 for
    Windows installer on a non-Admin install of Python. You'll probably find
    that the registry does exist, but under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, not
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

    In fact mod_python has actually been installed correctly, but the
    instructions about changing your apache configuration have not been
    given, and the mod_python library hasn't been copied into the Apache
    directory.

    These issues should all be fix in the latest win32 build of mod_python
    available from
    http://davidf.sjsoft.com/files/mod_python-3.1.3-1.win32-py2.3.exe

    Need to get Grisha to release this...

    I would recommend removing the Scripts/win32_postinstall.py file before
    running it...

    Hope that helps, if you have errors report them here or on the
    mod_python mailing list.

    David

    David Fraser, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Piet

    Piet Guest

    "Lucas Raab" <> wrote in message news:<pBtYc.6594$>...
    > Why not post this to the mod_python mailing list??

    The error looked like an error in some python installation scripts, so
    it seemed to me more "pythonic" than "apachic". Anyways, thanks for
    the hint.
    Piet

    Piet, Aug 30, 2004
  5. Piet

    Piet wrote:
    > "Lucas Raab" <> wrote in message news:<pBtYc.6594$>...
    >
    >>Why not post this to the mod_python mailing list??

    > The error looked like an error in some python installation scripts, so
    > it seemed to me more "pythonic" than "apachic". Anyways, thanks for
    > the hint.
    > Piet

    mod_python is a bridge between apache and python, so it contains both
    Python code and C code. the mod_python list is a good place to get help,
    I would recommend joining it

    Cheers
    David

    David Fraser, Aug 30, 2004
  6. Piet

    Piet Guest

    David Fraser <> wrote in message news:<cgvhq2$pur$>...
    > This error was found when installing the original mod_python 3.1.3 for
    > Windows installer on a non-Admin install of Python. You'll probably find
    > that the registry does exist, but under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, not
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    >
    > In fact mod_python has actually been installed correctly, but the
    > instructions about changing your apache configuration have not been
    > given, and the mod_python library hasn't been copied into the Apache
    > directory.
    >
    > These issues should all be fix in the latest win32 build of mod_python
    > available from
    > http://davidf.sjsoft.com/files/mod_python-3.1.3-1.win32-py2.3.exe
    >
    > Need to get Grisha to release this...
    >
    > I would recommend removing the Scripts/win32_postinstall.py file before
    > running it...
    >
    > Hope that helps, if you have errors report them here or on the
    > mod_python mailing list.
    >
    > David

    Hi David.
    The new version worked, and I am looking forward exploring server-side
    cgi-scripting with my favorite programming language. Any reason why
    the new installer is not released?
    Thx
    Peter

    Piet, Sep 2, 2004
  7. Piet

    Piet wrote:
    > David Fraser <> wrote in message news:<cgvhq2$pur$>...
    >
    >>This error was found when installing the original mod_python 3.1.3 for
    >>Windows installer on a non-Admin install of Python. You'll probably find
    >>that the registry does exist, but under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, not
    >>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    >>
    >>In fact mod_python has actually been installed correctly, but the
    >>instructions about changing your apache configuration have not been
    >>given, and the mod_python library hasn't been copied into the Apache
    >>directory.
    >>
    >>These issues should all be fix in the latest win32 build of mod_python
    >>available from
    >>http://davidf.sjsoft.com/files/mod_python-3.1.3-1.win32-py2.3.exe
    >>
    >>Need to get Grisha to release this...
    >>
    >>I would recommend removing the Scripts/win32_postinstall.py file before
    >>running it...
    >>
    >>Hope that helps, if you have errors report them here or on the
    >>mod_python mailing list.
    >>
    >>David

    > Hi David.
    > The new version worked, and I am looking forward exploring server-side
    > cgi-scripting with my favorite programming language. Any reason why
    > the new installer is not released?
    > Thx
    > Peter

    Hi Peter

    I haven't had that much time to devote towards getting people to test
    and give a thumbs up which is a requirement before a release.

    So if you want to help please sign up to the mod_python list and say
    what happened to you...

    Thanks for the feedback

    Cheers
    David