Installation of VB.NET Program

Jordan Marton

Let's say now that I have my program finished. How do I go about writing a
setup program that would install the required directories, and place my
files where they need to be?

For starters, I have my exe file, and two jpg files that I want to bundle in
an install program that will just create a folder on the desktop, and then
create those files automatically. How could I do that?

Also, what's the difference between Build Solution, Rebuild Solution, Build
ProjectName, Rebuild ProjectName?

Thanks
Jordan

James J. Foster

For an installation program, use Visual Studio.NET and select Add Project.
Then select Setup and Deployment Projects, and you can choose the project
type that suits your needs to build a windows installer program.

Build Solution builds all projects in the solution with changes since the
last build
Rebuild Solution cleans the build output first, and builds all the projects
Build Project builds the project if changes are detected
Rebuild Project cleans the project output first, and then builds the project