    I can see what fails with the installation?

    Cheers
    Tommy

    Tommy Grav, Nov 26, 2006

  2. Tommy Grav schrieb:
    > Trying to update my ActivePython installation I mistakenly downloaded
    > the Intel Mac version (rather than the PPC version) and tried to install
    > it.
    > The version did install but did not run of course. However, now trying
    > to install the PPC version of Activepython or even the 2.5 version of
    > macpython fails (actually macpython installs, but the installation program
    > tells me there is an error at the end). Anyone know how to completely
    > remove all previous python installations and all config files so that I can
    > install it from scratch? Is there also a log of the dmg-installation so
    > that
    > I can see what fails with the installation?

    The custom installed pythons should live under

    /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

    You should be able to move them somewhere else and try again.

    However, I wouldn't touch

    /System/Library/Frameworks/Python

    as that is the OSX shipped one, don't tinker with it.

    There actually is a program to see what gets installed by a package,
    where to, and you can even suppress certain parts. But unfortunately, I
    don't have it installed and don't remember its name.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Nov 26, 2006