Installation problem

Tommy Grav

Trying to update my ActivePython installation I mistakenly downloaded
the Intel Mac version (rather than the PPC version) and tried to
install it.
The version did install but did not run of course. However, now trying
to install the PPC version of Activepython or even the 2.5 version of
macpython fails (actually macpython installs, but the installation
program
tells me there is an error at the end). Anyone know how to completely
remove all previous python installations and all config files so that
I can
install it from scratch? Is there also a log of the dmg-installation
so that
I can see what fails with the installation?

Cheers
Tommy

Diez B. Roggisch

Tommy said:
Trying to update my ActivePython installation I mistakenly downloaded
the Intel Mac version (rather than the PPC version) and tried to install
it.
The version did install but did not run of course. However, now trying
to install the PPC version of Activepython or even the 2.5 version of
macpython fails (actually macpython installs, but the installation program
tells me there is an error at the end). Anyone know how to completely
remove all previous python installations and all config files so that I can
install it from scratch? Is there also a log of the dmg-installation so
that
I can see what fails with the installation?

The custom installed pythons should live under

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

You should be able to move them somewhere else and try again.

However, I wouldn't touch

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python

as that is the OSX shipped one, don't tinker with it.

There actually is a program to see what gets installed by a package,
where to, and you can even suppress certain parts. But unfortunately, I
don't have it installed and don't remember its name.

Diez