Installation Project must ask for sql server user and password and create database

Luis Esteban Valencia

Hello. I did an application it has 3 projects.
1. Web Project
2. Library of Classes
3. Database Project-.

In the database project there are many scripts that must be executed on
certain order.

I need to make my webproject to ask the user where they want to install the
database, after it the connection string in appsetings in the web.config
must be changed, and then the project must be installed on the virtual
folder with the new web.config modified.

Is that possible pelase give me hints about it.
I know I can bring the scripts and execute them on the customer and then
change it manually the web.config but the idea is to send them a cd and that
they install it without our help.

Thanks

intrader

Hello. I did an application it has 3 projects.
1. Web Project
2. Library of Classes
3. Database Project-.

In the database project there are many scripts that must be executed on
certain order.

I need to make my webproject to ask the user where they want to install the
database, after it the connection string in appsetings in the web.config
must be changed, and then the project must be installed on the virtual
folder with the new web.config modified.

Is that possible pelase give me hints about it.
I know I can bring the scripts and execute them on the customer and then
change it manually the web.config but the idea is to send them a cd and that
they install it without our help.

Thanks
Short of writing to the configution file (which I would not attempt due to
concurrency problems), I would keep a table with information for each
user. There you would keep the information as to the db requirements you
need.