Installation Question for libxml & Borland C++ 5 Compiler

Discussion in 'XML' started by Kenneth Gomez, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I have tried many avenues (web search, borland website, libxml
    website) before deciding to post here.

    I'm trying to install libxml2 on windows ME to work with my Borland
    C++ 5 Compiler (command line).

    Read through the installation guides from xmlsoft.org.

    Downloaded libxml2, libinconv-1.9.1 and zlib.

    Followed the instructions for the zlib installation. However, it seems
    that libinconv can only be compiled using Microsoft Visual C++. Is
    there an alternative method for a Borland C++ 5 (command line) user
    like me?

    Using the example, tree1.c from xmlsoft and compiling like this, I get
    the following errors :

    >bcc32 -a -c tree1.c

    Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
    tree1.c:
    Warning W8004 tree1.c 33: 'cur_node' is assigned a value that is never
    used in function print_element_names
    Warning W8004 tree1.c 54: 'root_element' is assigned a value that is
    never used in function main
    Warning W8004 tree1.c 53: 'doc' is assigned a value that is never used
    in function main

    >bcc32 tree1.obj zdllbor.lib

    Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
    Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
    Error: Unresolved external '_xmlCheckVersion' referenced from
    C:\PROG\KEN\C\TREE1.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_xmlReadFile' referenced from
    C:\PROG\KEN\C\TREE1.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_xmlDocGetRootElement' referenced from
    C:\PROG\KEN\C\TREE1.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_xmlFreeDoc' referenced from
    C:\PROG\KEN\C\TREE1.OBJ
    Error: Unresolved external '_xmlCleanupParser' referenced from
    C:\PROG\KEN\C\TREE1.OBJ

    In my Borland's bin directory, I have 2 comfiguration files, bcc32.cfg
    and ilink32.cfg which have the following lines :

    bcc32.cfg -->
    -I"c:\prog\Borland\Bcc55\include"
    -L"c:\prog\Borland\Bcc55\lib;C:\prog\Borland\BCC55\Include\libxml"

    ilink32.cfg -->
    -L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib;C:\prog\Borland\BCC55\Include\libxml"

    What else must I do in order to get tree1.c to compile cleanly?

    Your advise is very much appreciated.

    Thank you.

    Cheers,
    Kenneth Gomez.