    without messing up my existing installation.

    Thanks

    Nx

    Nx, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Nx

    malv Guest

    I can't give you an exact answer, but maybe this helps a bit:
    I tried running both Python 2.3 and 2.4 (both 32) with Qt3 on two other
    distros. It never really worked and gave me lots of problems. It
    certainly "messed up" a few things here and there. I never managed to
    get things straightened out.
    I later installed Suse 9.3 Pro with both Gnome & KDE. When installing
    the eric3 IDE, I found that everything I needed, Python 2.4, Qt3.3,
    PyQt, Sip, QScintilla was there already. (If I recall, I had only to
    add in one or two development libraries for Qt).

    malv, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Nx

    Nx Guest

    Thanks anyway
    I wished there was a sure step by step approach
    to get it to work but I can't think of any
    good solution and I do not want to reinstall
    a well optimized system if something goes astray.

    Nx

    Nx, Sep 8, 2005